Most Common Types of Paint Rollers

There are several different types of paint rollers that are commonly used for house painting, each with its own specific uses:


Standard Rollers: Standard rollers are the most basic type of paint roller and are designed for general use on large, flat surfaces. They are typically made of a foam or fibre material and come in different pile lengths to accommodate different textures and surfaces.



Nap Rollers: Nap rollers are similar to standard rollers but have a longer pile length, making them ideal for use on rough or textured surfaces such as stucco, concrete, or brick.


Microfiber Rollers: Microfiber rollers are made of a dense, plush material that is designe d to hold more paint and reduce the amount of drips and splatters. They are typically used for fine finishes and touch-up work.



Mini Rollers: Mini rollers are small, compact rollers that are designed for use in tight spaces and hard-to-reach areas, such as around trim, moulding, and window frames.


Knitted Rollers: Knitted rollers are made of a continuous loop of yarn that is designed to hold more paint and provide a smoother, more consistent finish. They are ideal for use on smooth, flat surfaces, such as walls and ceilings.



Textured Rollers: Textured rollers are designed to create a unique textured effect on walls and other surfaces. They come in a variety of patterns and textures and are ideal for use in creating decorative effects.


Each of these types of paint rollers has its own specific uses and can be selected based on the type of surface you are painting, the paint you are using, and the desired finish. It's important to choose the right type of roller to ensure a smooth, even application of paint and the best possible results.